Three Decades of Virginia Litigation
Longtime Chesapeake attorney Richard L. Buyrn brings experience and compassion to your case
Attorney Richard L. Buyrn is among the last of a dying breed — a solo practitioner who takes the time to get to know each and every one of his clients personally. At his Chesapeake office, you’ll never feel like just another case number. After serving in the U.S. Army and receiving an honorable discharge, he spent the next 30 years interacting with people in Chesapeake and throughout Eastern Virginia. A devoted husband and father of four, Attorney Buyrn is also a former schoolteacher with a Masters in Education who spent seven years in the classroom before establishing his firm in 1994.
Representing clients facing a variety of issues from criminal law to personal injury, Richard L. Buyrn treats you with the respect you deserve, while aggressively pursuing an optimal outcome for your case.
Navigating Virginia’s complex legal system
When sailing the murky waters of the complex American justice system, you need a navigator who can guide you in the right direction. Attorney Richard L. Buyrn shows you the way, helping you make informed decisions and providing counsel that maximizes the chances of a verdict in your favor.
- Over the course of his 30 years in practice, Attorney Richard L. Buyrn has developed a network of relationships within Chesapeake and Eastern Virginia that give him an edge when it comes to gaining information, influencing outcomes and getting things done on your behalf. He is familiar with the local legal system and uses his knowledge to your benefit in court.
- In these rocky economic times, obtaining the services of a well-qualified attorney is a necessity, but it can also be a financial burden. Richard L. Buyrn understands this and keeps the cost of his services reasonable. He works with you to devise a structured fee arrangement that is manageable for you.
Compassion and professionalism
- He is BV® Distinguished™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for his professionalism and ethics. His clients come from all walks of life and are all treated equally and with patience and respect. Whether the client is a surgeon or didn’t finish high school, the goal is the same. Richard L. Buyrn shows compassion for the situation while strongly representing your interest in court.
His experience includes success in two recent cases before the Virginia Court of Appeals:
- Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Saleem Pettey (Record No. 1702-03-1): The court overturned convictions of two counts of breaking and entering.
- Commonwealth of Virginia vs. Kerry Lenell Boone (Record No. 0188-04-1): Mr. Buyrn’s successfully argued before the court, resulting in the dismissal of the charge of felony escape.
A litigator who goes to bat for you
Richard L. Buyrn is well known in the Chesapeake and Eastern Virginia area for his high success rate and winning combination of intelligence, aggression and compassionate understanding. He defends clients in cases such as: